Instant Solutions for What to Write About in Your Blog
Face the fact your blog needs to be regularly updated to maintain its readership! Hence, you must always find fresh topics to write about. But sometimes, that;s just the problem! You don’t know what to write about.
We have discussed how to write attractively, so now we are going to discuss what to write about when you blog.
- Find your Passion – The very first option that I think a blogger should write about is a topic that he or she feels passionate and interested in. You’ve chosen to make blogging your career because you want to escape a mundane job-forcing yourself to write about something that you’re not interested in is as torturous as your mundane job! The other reason I ask you to write about something you’re passionate about is because your feelings and emotion shows through your writings! If you feel indifferent to a certain subject but still write about it just for the sake of it, your readers will notice it. Remember the advice about writing with a personality? forcing yourself to write will not establish a welcoming style at all.
- Make it a Habit to Post – One you have chosen your main theme, start posting to your blog about it and make it a habit to post at least once every few days. Even if it’s only to comment about the newspaper article you read today. Think of yourself as a gigantic train. It takes a lot of effort to get you moving. First, you might just budge an inch, and later trudge slowly on until you finally reach your full speed. Then, it’ll take a lot of effort to stop you instead!
- Keep Your Blog Content Fresh – Remember to keep up your momentum of posting at least once every few days (or more if you have a lot of content to write about) so that the major search engines will know that your blog has fresh content everyday. This will attract the search engines to spider your page on a more frequent basis, hence gaining you extra traffic.For now, remember to keep a consistent effort everyday and build up momentum like that of a locomotive!
Brainstorm to Get Ideas on What to Write
- The very best way to brainstorm is to see what other bloggers have to say about stuff happening in your field of discussion. And the very best way to find related blogs is to use http://blogsearch.google.com. There are other decent search tools too, you just have to look around. From other blogs, you can gather more knowledge on your subject and you can also comment on what others have to say on your own blog!
- Once you’ve established contacts with other bloggers in your field, you’ll have quite an inexhaustible “conversation” ongoing, so you’ll not need to actively search for content to write about. However, if you’re still stuck, search for news articles related to your nich in the local newspaper or online through sites like http://news.google.com and http://news.yahoo.com.
- You can also have conversations with people with the same interest as you in the particular niche you choose, so you will eventually build up a bank of questions and answers and interesting discussions to write about in your blog. To do this, join forums related to your niche, but don’t join every forum there is out there. Stick with one or two with the biggest number of members or the one which is most focused on your niche. This will also come in handy much later in gaining traffic and generating profits.
Tan-Ja is a Professi0nal Blogger and Writer. Tan writes and blogs for businesses that do not have the time to update their website themselves. An accomplished copywriter, she enjoys the marketing side of video scripting and loves writing events and workshop material.